Friday, December 17, 2010

Before 2010 Ends


I wish I had been able to post more for 2010; however, I did not have anything really new to say. Actually...many times, my thoughts were too deep that I'd rather keep them private. I tried penning some of my thoughts on paper, but they do not come as easy as I had pondered about them. After I start with a couple of sentences, I ended up tearing the paper apart. This was a recurring pattern, whenever I tried writing something down.

Maybe because 2010 was not as bad as 2009 and 2008 were that's why I could never muster anything to write. However, although not as bad, 2010 is not smooth sailing either. There had been times of tears, but often, they were overpowered by joyous moments.

So, my thoughts are as I pen my first and...possibly last, entry of the year, to count the blessings God had showered upon my family.

First, we still have our faith, health and strength. I was not as sick in 2010 as I was in 2009. I did not log it back then, but in 2009 I had undergone a major surgery and also battled with anemia. My diabetes, which is an incurable condition, has been my major concern in 2009. Fortunately, diabetes was an eye-opener to improve my lifestyle and become healthier. I started exercising more and eating right, which lead to my weight-loss. I lost over 50lbs, so I feel much better now.

My husband, although he had his own health problems, is doing fine. As a church deacon, he had been actively performing his duties.


I am thankful that our daughter is doing very well in her studies. In 2010 and 2009, she received back-to-back Dean's Honor's List award recipient. She's honing her God given talents. She loves classical music- she plays piano and now, started learning violin, which she started in September 2010. This year, she has decided that she wants to become a doctor. Although, she had changed her mind several times, now she seem set on her goals and dreams. I pray that she achieves her goal and remain humble with the blessings she receives.

I enjoyed spending quality time in 2010 with my husband and daughter. I hope that we can continue to do so in 2011 and the years to come.

I am thankful my brothers and only sister have jobs, but most of all, they still have their faith. I am so thankful that I interact with them more than I used to, thanks to the power of the Internet and social networking.

My freelance writing has improved tremendously. I continue to write for Demand Media Studios (DMS), Associated Content (AC) and Bright Hub (BH) for extra income. My articles have been featured on Yahoo!Local, Yahoo!TV and USAToday. My writing gigs have helped me, my family here and back home in many ways. I pray that I can continue to write, hone my skills and keep my writing clients happy.

I am thankful that we still live here in Beldin Lane, alongside my husband's family. Hoping for peace and good tidings in the neighborhood of family and friends.

As 2010's last few days start and end, I pray that I see 2011 with more blessings from God above.

Amen.


No comments: